Tuesday, September 8, 2009

District 9



Saw it today, incredible. By far the most impressive film I've watched all year, surpassed my expectations by miles , this may be because there wasn't a massive hype and I didn't know too much about the movie apart from it involved aliens.

This film is a science fiction move that takes a real world problem of "Slums" and looks at it in a new and inventive way, the alien's are treated as if they are immigrants instead of some crazy race that is trying to kill the human race (so predictable). I was extremely pleasantly surprised.

I like the fact the film has a real plot a story, between man an alien instead of using a leading female sex symbol to lure a larger audience ( which I think most films do these days).
Overall an absolutely superb film, hat's off to producer Peter Jackson's and the Director Neil Blomkamp written by Blomkamp and Terri Tatchell. I will definitely be watching it again.

Check out the trailer below if you haven't already seen it, I would definitely recommend it:

No comments:

Post a Comment