Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Craig Ward- words are pictures



I came across this amazing piece of typography on another blog . The paper cut illustration was done by London-based artist Craig Ward .This is an A1 paper cut illustration, which took the artist 11 hours to complete, I believe was well worth it as I haven't seen such innovative and imaginative typography like this before.
Craig ward is a senior designer and typographer at New Yorks Grey , he has worked for some highly recognisable companies such as BMW,Lexus, MTV.com and Creative Review.
His website www.wordsarepictures.co.uk ( I urge you to check out his website even the website has a twsit) depicts his exact thoughts he believes typography is art.

His work with typography is extremely inspiring he has created some true masterpieces and made me want to use tyopgraphy in its raw element and not use it to support images.
Below are a few of my favourites:

No comments:

Post a Comment