Thursday, July 16, 2009

Yell.com 118 247


I'm currently working on a a placement with Yellow pages so I am always intrigued to see what new material they release.

When the new 118 247 advert was released I didn't know what to think.
I did a bit of research and found that it features Magic Trevor which is basically a
character that shot to internet stardom by featuring on the weebl website.
See the link below to see some of his early stuff :

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/magical+trevor/

IF you check out the youtube reviews I found people either absolutely love it totally hate iit!

I find it so very very clever, it may be annoying but annoyance sells as it gets in your head and gets your talking even if it may be negative, its a matter of gaining brand awareness which I think Yell achieves with this advert.

Did anyone else have this catchy tune in their head?

It will be interesting to see how they carry the campaign on and what else they have up their sleeves!
Check out the video below to see the advert if you haven't already.




3 comments:

  1. I absolutely loath this advert so much so that when it comes on i turn over the channel. But the fact is that I only needed to hear it once and everything about yell.com was stuck in my mind. I can relay the flat monotone song right now as well as the website and phone number! awful? but it worked

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your post.... now I have that song stuck in my head!! Very clever catchy tune, and it seems very "now" how companies are using the internet to create a phenomenon before they translate it to tv.... its probably a lot cheaper too I suppose...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the use of this ' magic trevor' character was a good move. Before I saw it i didn't know who he was until i started doing some research. It engages the audience that were around when he shot to internet stardom.
    I'm thinking it could be interesting to start an internet 'craze' to study its progression.

    ReplyDelete