Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Paris Jackson

Yesterday was the emotional memorial for Michael Jackson a true musical genius, legend and not forgetting a father and brother .This was an event that will be will be a part of history

I've noticed that people have been remembering Jackson the entertainer, at work people are often listening to his classics, even when out clubbing venues are playing his music in dedication.


Why did I find this fascinating??

I am amazed to see peoples response to the death of an iconic man but also a person that they did not know ,how people can be so emotionally attached and feel bereaved .

It was not only a memorial but also the first public appearance of Michael Jacksons Daughter Paris ,11.

It was as if the whole world knew about this remarkable event, if people weren't at home watching it they were catching video links online or on their phones.When I logged onto facebook peoples status was directed at Paris's speech they had written "you are not alone Paris' and " your father was a great man".
I found myself watching the news feeds after reading these posts about her speech..

Paris Katherine Jackson words were "Ever since I was born, daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine".
I think that this was the point is when it struck home that Jackson was not just and entertainer but a father to three children, who have now lost their father.
Its amazing to see how just a few simple words can touch the publics heart.
This is making me wonder how deep and powerful words can really be, does everything have to be visual?

No comments:

Post a Comment