Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Relentless

For some reason I seem to really like the design on the relentless packaging, there's a number of reason why I'm drawn to it, with the main reason being the elaborately serifed Gothic typeface with is pretty unusual thing to see on a drinks can . The can has a distinctive dark brown colouring, showing the muscles of a human's neck/head/shoulder area( which I only noticed while doing some research into the drink) in the stlye of the 1800 medical illustration.
It is marketed to provide continuing energy with the slogan of "No Half Measures" (a reference to the can size, which is twice that of a standard redbull 250ml ) but The Coca-Cola Company implies it refers to an encouragement not to settle for less than your best, which is pretty cheeky way of getting a rise Redbull retaliated and bumped their can size up to 330ml.




The can design was "inspired by the attitude and artistry found within the world of core action sport and modern punk rock".
I think the reason I'm writing about relentless because its something that caught my eye, I quite like the gothic style yet edgey style, it is not your typical energy drink label. They normally are quite bold, basic and down to the point. I think its always a cool thing to pull away from the ordinary, instead of playing it safe I think coca- cola went for something a bit different and quirky, personally I like the style of the artwork its intricate yet not overpowering.

No comments:

Post a Comment